HelloBirth Hypnobirthing classes with Doula Belle, are currently held in Lilypad Playspace. It is conveniently nested in between South Philly and Center City on Broad Street. This hypnosis for childbirth education program is perfect for the modern family. Classes are live, in groups settings (up to 6 couples), once weekly, and average 3 hours in length.
What do we cover in class?
- Tools for stress reduction
- Common language of birth
- Strategies for increasing pregnancy comfort
- Pregnancy nutrition
- Building your birth team: settings and providers (specific to Philly area)
- Prenatal care: questions and strategies
- Creating your village
- Hypnobirthing tool #1
- Creating birth preferences
- Prenatal choices
- Labor and birth choices
- Postpartum choices
- Interactive “birth plan” sheet to record your questions and decisions
- Hypnobirthing tool #2
- What’s happening / what’s helpful during:
- late pregnancy
- early / pre-labor
- active birth
- transition and pushing
- first 24 hrs. of baby’s life
- planned Cesarean birth
- a change in planned mode of birth
- Helping your baby get ready
- Nurturing your body and mind
- Hypnobirthing tool #3
- Transitions and adjustments
- Putting you first
- What’s happening and what’s helpful in baby’s first weeks and days?
- Newborn care
- Baby feeding: is baby getting enough?
- Strengthening your hypnobirthing tools and Birth Rehearsal
- How to use your hypnosis toolkit
Should you birth using HelloBirth hypnosis?
Pregnant individuals are the authors of their experiences. They should be the key decision-makers as they move through their pregnancy journeys. If a change of plans becomes necessary, they remain the foremost expert when it comes to their mind-body experience.
Language is powerful. Our HelloBirth audio recordings take a trauma-informed approach, recognizing that while not everyone feels the same way about pregnancy or giving birth, every body deserves respect, validation and support.
Access is a priority. When you’re not reaching people, you don’t always know it. That’s why HelloBirth continually evaluates availability, taking deliberate steps to welcome and include those who may have been excluded from other forms of childbirth education.
Every HelloBirth instructor understands and respects that every person who gives birth deserves to be called by their name and pronoun(s).
Every person who attends a HelloBirth class will have a chance to see themselves reflected in class materials and content. The world is a diverse, beautiful, and complicated place. HelloBirth strives to represent a broad array of people and families in everything we create.